Contests on Pokemonfan.net

The place for all announcements with regard to both the forum as well as network sites.

Contests on Pokemonfan.net

Postby MewDragon on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 pm

One of the major things that I've wanted to do for visitors on pokemonfan.net for some time now has been contests. The problem is and always has been that contests are done all over the place. Everywhere! Pokemon sites have held contests, but I've never participated in any of them myself, none of them interest me. I get the feeling that there are a lot of people who are not interested in these lack luster contests.

So, hopefully the problem is clear to everyone. Which means our/my job is to figure out what would make good contests that people would actually want to engage in. The thing is is that I have good prizes, and I can get good prizes. But people shouldn't nor do they enter contests just for the sake of the prizes alone, but because the contests are fun to participate in.

I've been slowly turning more of my attention to this dilemma and will continue to do so, as I think I can come up with some very good contests that everyone will love. Keep in mind that there should be three main different types of contests. Single player contests, Group/Team contests, and Webmaster contests.

If you have ideas on what kinds of contests we could host, please post in the discussion thread.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=205
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13
Reputation points: 2
Subtract reputation point

Re: Contests on Pokemonfan.net

Postby Oliver on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:00 am

Can you do Contests over wifi..?
Oliver
Trainee

Feats: 1