Possible Projects

The place to come chat about your site, coding techniques, scripts, etc.

Possible Projects

Postby MewDragon on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 am

Just gonna jot down a list of various projects I've had in the "mull over" category for a while. Some of this stuff we could totally do for the network. :)

- gts trade organization mod with built in feedback system, keeps track of trades (view history), as well as explanation of how the gts works, feedback in percent style (total positive feedback out of total number of feedback, comments when making feedback, automatically displays feedback in profile with recent trade history(last 5 trades, sought or deposited)) person who "sought" pokemon is the one who gives feedback to the "deposit" trainer.

- a nintendo power awards type event at the end of each year. categories could include both pokemon sites, forums, as well as major movies and games that came out that year.

- new pokedex system

Anyone else have ideas?
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13
Reputation points: 2
Subtract reputation point

Re: Possible Projects

Postby Will on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:19 am

Hm. Sounds good.
There are heaps of Pokedexes though. :\
Will
Lurker

Postby MewDragon on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Indeed there are, which is why the challenge in creating a new pokedex system is finding ways to differentiate between the millions of pokedexs already out there.
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13

Postby Empoleon on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Actually, if you go by high quality pokedexes, there aren't really that many. Veekun, Legendary Pokemon, Smogon (unique strategy focus), PsyPoke and Serebii.net (both of which are quite frustrating to use, though they have some things that others don't have), and Bulbapedia are the ones that I know. Veekun is probably the best for general use given it's accessibility and organization.

So that's 6 good pokedex, 2 of which are very frustrating to use, LP also has an annoying launch sequence (selectors and so on. I'd rather just jump right in.) I think that the lacking areas are: images. Most pokedex lack many images, i.e. screenshots from the anime and scans of given pokemon in manga. It's interesting to see varying art styles and how that changes how pokemon look. Also, you could speculate on how the pokemon functions. That might prove interesting for some of the more unique pokemon.
Empoleon
Grunt

Feats: 2
Reputation points: 5

Post a reply

Return to Webmasters