Board Changes

Sit down, chill, talk about all in this Off-topic section. Remember, life is a reality to experience, not a question to be answered.

Moderator: Dux

Board Changes

Postby MewDragon on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:26 pm

So this thread is for suggestions/recommendations for things we should edit to the forum.

This could include changes to a specific forum or the addition or deleting or merging of a forum(s).

This could include additions or deletions to the feat system or any other system we currently maintain on Shingetsu.

Other topics for discussion in this thread could include mod recommendations for features you would like to see installed on Shingetsu.

Phpbb Mods, or features, for the forum, are available here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=70
Last edited by MewDragon on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: first post edit, make this thread more official and make things more clear.
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13
Reputation points: 2
Subtract reputation point

Re: Board Changes

Postby Agito on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:51 pm

No RP section? How can this be? It cannot!

Seriously though, RP could be useful. I've seen it combined with fan-fic sections before, though, if we want to use our fic board the same way. Decreases number of boards, we'd just have to make sure people knew about that. :3
Agito
Triathlete

Feats: 8
Reputation points: 5

Postby MewDragon on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:58 pm

I completely agree, why else would we have had a huge dedicated rp section on Cerise, and of course that's why I'm creating Twilight.

Um, well, what we could do is make an rp board as a subforum of the fan section. If you guys think you'll use it and not just as a breeding ground for maiara, then I'll put it up.
-------
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Agito on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 pm

I don't care as much where it is. What I've seen is where RP and fan-fiction is actually the same forum. Not a separate board, same forum is used. But it doesn't really matter, it would make sense to either have it as its own proper forum or as a subforum of the fan-fic board.

Maiara breeding here? Hehe, no, we take care of that on its own board. XP

As far as the RP section goes, though, I think it should have some simple guidelines. I don't think we'll have an issue with having too many topics yet, so we can be a little liberal with how many topics an RP can use for now, but if things get really cluttered, we can start restricting it. I remember that the character thread was a popular use of a second thread in the previous Cerise, and Agate had a fair number of separate discussion topics (although in its own board).

There was also the issue of planning threads, but I don't think we need a forum for that as long as we lock the planning threads once the RP starts up.

Also, as far as a general fic/art section goes, I think the way we did it before was pretty good, although we could just post stuff in one of the off-topic boards if you like that idea better, I guess.
Agito
Triathlete

Postby MewDragon on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:02 am

Well, for right now, let's just let Rps be in the Galleria.

If things get to the point where it warrants an entirely separate board, we'll take care of it then.

Btw, added cat emotes. Apologies for the page stretching, but you gotta love em'.

Also, as for general art, I favor just letting pokemon art and general art (as well as fanfiction) occupy the same space.

Again, if it gets to the point where it warrants a separate board, then so be it. But for now, leave it as is.
-------
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Miror B. on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:23 am

I honestly think we should bring a form of Gym back. That was fun. Didn't we discuss specialty gyms or something? For the maniacs?
"Knights do it two-handed!" Drunk guy from a bar, FF5
"That's not teen crisis, that's you realizing you suck." - ManualSearch

ImageImageImageImage
Miror B.
"Official" Post Whore

Location: In your base, having a drink or two with your doods
Feats: 5
Reputation points: 4

Postby MewDragon on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah, that was what happened when we installed the new gyms on the old cerise.

The problem was there was a horse dung! load of drama surrounding the gyms previously, and it's for that reason that I would vote against having them on Shingetsu.

Of course if we get to like 200+ members and a lot of them are active I might do it just to see what happens. :P Drama, with lots of people, always is memorable.

*cough* you didn't hear me just say that.
-------
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Miror B. on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Lawl. Drama on the internet= epic phail.

But I think art and fanfics should be seperate once the members start coming in. Like, the art could be seperated into sub boards of Pokemon Art and Sprites and then general art and sprites.

Fanfics would probably be seperated into Pokemon fiction and then one for everything else. Right now it would kinda useless tho... Not many people around.
"Knights do it two-handed!" Drunk guy from a bar, FF5
"That's not teen crisis, that's you realizing you suck." - ManualSearch

ImageImageImageImage
Miror B.
"Official" Post Whore

Location: In your base, having a drink or two with your doods
Feats: 5
Reputation points: 4

Postby MewDragon on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:19 pm

I like the sound of that, we can plan on that then when the time comes.
-------
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Agito on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah, we should live with the current setup for now. If we need more boards later the need will become apparent. In the meantime I need to decide what I want to do for an RP since I feel very RP-deprived lately.

I don't know if we'll need a sprite board unless there's a lot of art and a lot of it is just sprites. Like, if people post both most of the time, it makes sense to leave it in one board since it can remain in the same topic, but we'll let the need become apparent, I guess.

I guess I'm also somewhat against the gyms, they weren't really that productive if I remember correctly. But, uh... Fuschia FTW. XD
Agito
Triathlete

Next

Return to Pokemon Square