Agate Discussion

Demonstrate your artistic creativity whether it's fanart or fanfiction. The Galleria is also the place to roleplay with your favorite characters.

Moderator: Dux

Agate Discussion

Postby Agito on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:03 am

Okay, so everybody wants Agate back. This doesn't really surprise me.

Now, I can't say that it is going to happen yet. I'm a little bogged down by things right now. I have a live, believe it or not, including school, people, work, and possibly even sanity.

I know you might be shocked by this (especially that last part), but I am considering reviving Agate. I'm just not sure on where to go with it. You'll also have to force some inspiration into me, which is a monumental task at times and pathetically easy at others.

And, to do that, we need new ideas! At least, they'd be greatly appreciated. Suggestions are muchly welcome!

So, um... discuss?

Please, no begging, either, don't need guilt. :x
Agito
Triathlete

Feats: 8
Reputation points: 5
Subtract reputation point

Re: Agate Discussion

Postby Dran on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:07 am

We all have lives; this is our downtime. Agate is a nice relaxation exercise. ;)

Well we ended off at a very poor state. :P Half of our stories were unfinished and otherwise relations unsatisfied in many cases. Fixing that is a start...

If you want to completely restart it mind you, we should probably enter into this with a major plot. For example, Dran and his Pokemons' roles (Keepers of the Shrine of Celebi) could actually be part of a central plot involving Cipher or potentially a completely new group of villains (such as... Team Time, or something to the effect that would of course be more creative in name and purpose), perhaps even working against Cipher like the two teams of R/S/E did. Or just create a completely new team with an Orre focus somehow elsewise, which would obviously have something still to do with Celebi, anyway.

All other characters can have a central say in the major plot, having specific circumstances tying them to it (in fact, I would suggest it). The only thing I can tell you is that as much as I hate to admit it, random chaos of sub-plots may not be practical this time given everybody's business and un-guaranteed commitment to the extreme we had on Nsider. Order seems the only likely path to successful revival this time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Agate Village RP Trainer Card

http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
Dran

Feats: 7
Reputation points: 4

Postby Agito on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:58 am

I agree... order is a must. I mean, it worked on NSider to be chaotic because we were all on all day, every day, and there needed to be filler for when I didn't have any plot ideas.

Obviously, if I developed a plot to go along with it, it wouldn't necessarily be immediately visible. Maybe the characters would have heard hints or something about it, but it wouldn't be so much of a preexisting circumstance as a gradual development, and, for something with the longevity of Agate (which is quite similar to a Relicanth, I note), the plots would need to be long and still many. So we can't exhaust all our options on the first go.

Multiple characters has always been a major part of the Agate thing, too. Bored with the way things are going, we stick in a few more characters to spice things up. Also means we will still want restrictions on our characters. And, of course, they'll develop anyway. It's almost impossible for them not to develop over the course of several months of consistent RP. XP

I think we do need some sort of more major RP going for this site to really be as high-traffic as MD wants it, too. I need to figure some things out, but if you want a new Agate, I can go ahead and get it up and we can go where things go. As far as the old one, I still need to see if I can pull in a few of the other people and have them be active. Otherwise, we'd have a lot of plot holes that would have to be covered up or basically just something we'd fall into every now and then and break our legs. Ouch. Yeah. Medical insurance isn't going to like that. >.o

I'd still like a couple more opinions, though, I know you're with me on this one, Dran. ;P
Agito
Triathlete

Postby CamdenXIII on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:12 am

I've kind of got a life. I'll be in school this January so I'll have one then.

I'd like Agate back, the time I played I enjoyed. And putting a set plot into it would help move it along.

I thought I had more to say but now my head has gone blank..
CamdenXIII
Supreme Overlord Administrator

Postby Agito on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:59 pm

Three people isn't enough... where are Oni and Chibi and Thursday?

I could have sworn I had more new ideas, but I can't remember them all... darn.

Oh, hey, so I don't remember if I had Ranger as an available option for a job at the beginning. In that case, I would say the beginning Pokémon would be just one--as is standard Ranger procedure--but, of course, you get that cool Capture Styler. :3

Any other ideas about assorted occupations? And DDR Master does not count as an occupation... technically.
Agito
Triathlete

Postby CamdenXIII on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:01 am

A list of alrdeay existing jobs would be helpful.

As for the people you listed, we could send out invitations through e-mail or just msn if you see them on.
CamdenXIII

Postby Agito on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I think they's just too lazeh to post. I already told them via the MSN.

Jobs, eh? The original listeth:
--Pokemon trainer - you train your Pokemon. You can participate in any of the events to obtain money and things.
--Pokemon breeder - you breed Pokemon, and if you would like to sell Pokemon to NPCs, PM me to arrange a price. Eggs take three days to hatch.
--Police officer - you’d better like Growlithe or Houndour, because one of them is automatically one of your starting 3 Pokemon. 5000 P on Sunday is your salary.
--Sailor - you work at the docks. 4000 P on Tuesday is your salary.
--Pokemon Center doctor - takes care of sick and hurt Pokemon. 3500 P on Monday = your salary.
--Teacher - you teach at the school. You are always at work 8 AM - 3 PM on Monday - Friday. 3000 a week on Friday… but it’s for a good cause.
--Pokemon Mart worker - helps run the store. 4000 P on Wednesday.
--Bouncer - this person makes sure the people in the Mezzo Fortissimo aren’t causing trouble. 3500 on Thursday.
--Scientist - worker at the lab. 5500 on Saturday.
--Fashion designer - you make and sell clothing. Salary depends on success, but originates at 4000 P on Friday.
Special jobs (you must PM me to get these, and you must also help me keep RPers in line during play):
--Mayor - you keep the citizens of Agate in order. Special rules apply. The person who is the mayor is allowed to have another character.
--Chief of Police - you are the top of the law in Agate. Different rules apply to the CP also. This person is also allowed to have another character.

Ah, memories...

Anyway, most of those could probably stand, but we'd add a couple things, too, maybe slash a couple that people probably aren't going to use. I know I'm adding Ranger, anyway, and others as I come up with them.
Agito
Triathlete

Postby CamdenXIII on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 pm

Mail Man
I dont know how we would set this; we could make it like Mystery Dungeon with Pellipers and the character could just be at the post office supplying, or to give the character more to do we could allow him to drive/walk the route and allow a pokemon besides Pelliper. Considering the natural enemy of mailmen, the dog, for some reason when I try to think of a counter to dogs I think of monkies like Mankey/Primeape or Aipom. That, or a Psychic type that could mentally subdue the dog while the mail is delivered.
I dont know who would really want to do this though. I would consider it if it was the later scenario. Just dont want a Pelliper.

Construction Worker
Build buildings and repair streets? Probably would require a fighting type or at least a Pokemon known for it's strength. Machop chain, Mankey Chain, Munchlax/Snorlax, etc.
I'd be interested in this job. Could easily find ways to occupy myself and could even create scenarios to interact.
CamdenXIII

Postby Agito on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:55 pm

The problem with the construction worker is that the times for being involved in RP stuff would be fairly restrictive. Of course, you could say the same for the PokéCenter/Mart stuff, too, but I figured it might still be a little more involved at times. No one picked them, as I recall, anyway, except maybe once. XP

Actually, as far as I remember, Agate was a small town and didn't have lots of building projects. I'm sure a lot of able people would pitch in to help build new buildings, but it probably wouldn't have to be a full-time occupation. Not to mention that Pokémon would end up doing a lot of work, too.

I think an Aipom or something would be quite helpful when it came to mail. I wouldn't make it a restriction, but it is something to consider, I guess.

Keeping people in Agate, I guess, is why I would hesitate to keep Sailor... maybe have Fisherman instead? Sailing could take you different places... and by that, I mean very far away, which might ultimately result in long-term removal from the RP just based on the job. x.x

I know Taero will probably still be a trainer, but I've tweaked his past quite a bit now. Just the stuff after he parted with Dran, though. He and Moyuko will be slightly more emo, that's the only real difference as a result. Now what others will accompany him...?
Agito
Triathlete

Postby CamdenXIII on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:50 am

True that most of the construction would be done by Pokemon, but there's still gotta be a boss to tell them what to do. I dont think Construction would really keep me from RPing really, especially with your point that there's not a lot of buildings being made. Still, seeing as there will probably be some action in the RP, I'd say that there'd be damage to property here and their from battles. If anything Constuction would be more like a janitor posistion in Agate; cleaning up the "mess" trainers and their pokemon left behind. Maybe a scientist could blow up the lab every now and then too. :P I guess the title would be more suited to be called "Repair Man".

Not to mention, seeing as my character will be based off myself, I'm sure it's not like he'll be fully devoted to his job; if something interesting pops up I'm sure to drop what I was doing and come back to it later (or never... >.>).
CamdenXIII

Next

Return to The Galleria