Agate Discussion

Demonstrate your artistic creativity whether it's fanart or fanfiction. The Galleria is also the place to roleplay with your favorite characters.

Moderator: Dux

Re: Agate Discussion

Postby Agito on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:43 am

I was under the impression that buildings in the Pokémon world were built to resist that kind of abuse. Not only that, but with few things to build, it probably wouldn't be quite profitable enough to make a comfortable living. At least, not in Agate. Like I said, it'd probably be a thing that the community does when it's necessary. Agate isn't a big city like Phenac or Gateon.

Needless to say, this would come along a lot faster if I wasn't working six of my five days of break. I am not happy right now. >>
Agito
Triathlete

Feats: 8
Reputation points: 5
Subtract reputation point

Postby CamdenXIII on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:16 am

If a starting pikachu's thunderbolt can cause a pokemon center to explode, I dont think the buildings are built to be resistant to battle. I remember fires breaking out in the series as well. It's not like the homes are made out of special "Pokeanium Alloy" or something (Haha! I made a joke by copying Gundam with their Gundanium Alloy and applying it to Pokemon!). Not to mention small towns are riddled with old buildings in need of refurbishing. Leaky roofs, squeky floorboards, rotting siding, no matter what town you live in there's a demand for these kind of repairs.

I thought of another occupation that I thought was somewhat surprising wasnt here: Fireman. Every town has a fire department, or a volunteer group set up in case of fires. Would probably be just as busy as the Police in Agate, mostly there in case of an accident. Would be required to have a water pokemon of some kind, possibly a fixed one. In the anime it was the Squirtle Squad that became the fire department of sorts in the town.
CamdenXIII
Supreme Overlord Administrator

Feats: 7
Reputation points: 4

Postby Agito on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:43 am

Of course, the anime isn't exactly the best source, remember. The same Pikachu had its electricity charged in a water mill so it could affect Ground-types... and, in fact, almost appeared as if it was super-effective. Not quite reliable in that. Of course, I know where you're coming from with this, but I don't think that people are careless enough, either, that they would allow their Pokémon to damage buildings. And yes, I appreciate the Gundam joke, but Pokeanium is used in the production of Magnemite. XP

Fireman is yes, and some sort of Water-type Pokémon to go with it is a given. It's particularly important, I think, given that Agate is kinda, you know, located in a forest. Since forests are made of plants, and plants are combustible... yeah, you know. There's a potential for something there.
Agito
Triathlete

Postby CamdenXIII on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Agito - 02 Dec 2008 04:43 wrote:Of course, the anime isn't exactly the best source, remember. The same Pikachu had its electricity charged in a water mill so it could affect Ground-types... and, in fact, almost appeared as if it was super-effective. Not quite reliable in that. Of course, I know where you're coming from with this, but I don't think that people are careless enough, either, that they would allow their Pokémon to damage buildings. And yes, I appreciate the Gundam joke, but Pokeanium is used in the production of Magnemite. XP

Fireman is yes, and some sort of Water-type Pokémon to go with it is a given. It's particularly important, I think, given that Agate is kinda, you know, located in a forest. Since forests are made of plants, and plants are combustible... yeah, you know. There's a potential for something there.

Darn, I thoguht I was being clever with the Pokeanium joke.

Oh well, I'll drop the construction/repair as long as we get the fireman. Now I know what my guy's job will be! :P
CamdenXIII

Postby Agito on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Ooh, random thought. What if we had something that was like, a trainer class? You know how in the games there are certain types of trainers that use certain types of Pokémon, right? Then there could be classes and they could have advantages and disadvantages with their prefered types. Just a random thought, though. I can see each job being like the classes, then the rest of the classes just went with Trainer/Breeder.

Ah well, Fireman is definitely in. I say we also add something like "Public Service" just to generically cover any public service stuff we forgot. XP
Agito
Triathlete

Postby Dran on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 am

Of course I've got your back! ;) We just need the others on board. :(

And you forgot "Shrine Keeper" as one of the special jobs! :O Then again, I had that one, but still. XD

I like all those potential jobs. Even the Builder, especially since people may need help building some things sometimes, especially if Thursday comes on board. That way you eliminate much G-modding of building production, too. Or you can just have "Architects" and cover all your building (as in, creating) bases that way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Agate Village RP Trainer Card

http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
Dran

Postby Agito on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:52 am

I'm working on the others, the problem is that finals are going on everywhere... I bet I can get most of 'em in the bag on Friday afternoon.

You think I'd forget that? I just don't know if my first character will be Taero, so don't expect that all to happen right away. ;P

The problem is that Architects and Builders are very different jobs... Architects design buildings, taking into account mathy stuffs, and Builders actually turn the raw materials into buildings (theoretically, through a magical process known as "construction," though this is yet to be proven). But I see what you mean, we will need people building things if Thursday comes 'round.

How about I just leave "Occupation" an open field, allowing people to do whatever kind of job they want as long as it's realistic? I mean, Hawke was considered a Trainer but was actually a Pokémercenary (way back in the original), so it wasn't 100% applicable; it was just close enough. That way, people can say what they actually mean. :3

I've been on break already, maybe I'll get my rear busy and start putting things together.
Agito
Triathlete

Postby Dran on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:29 pm

We'll see what you can do.

But if Dran isn't Shrine Keeper in the beginning, then is he supposed to be "trainer"? :P

True, but the "magic" of construction can be done, as Camden and you equally pointed out, by Pokemon while humans lead the effort. Architects did that by themselves originally.

Yes, that new idea is perfectly fine. So long as they eventually say exactly what it is they're doing, that is, I don't see a problem with it.

I'll leave you to it, then. ;) More ideas on the way.

Dran

Postby Agito on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:29 pm

No, I just meant that you shouldn't expect all the stuff that happened last time to happen right away. We already know Dran is the shrinekeeper. :3

So it's in the Pokémon! Scientists have been looking in the wrong place all along!

Ah... ahem. Anyway, I figure I'll just leave it an open field and about anything will be fair game (within reason, of course). Hmm... if Okira was made a human... what would her job be...? I wonder. XD

More ideas? Say 'em. *poke* Say 'em. *poke* Say 'em. *poke* *etc.*
Agito
Triathlete

Postby Dran on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:47 am

Oh, okay. XP

Eureka, eh? :P Canadian "eh". ;)

Sounds good. Except for the Okira part. She's better left being a Pokemon. It's safer for everyone that way. :O

Not now, Agito. :P I meant when I get them. Sorry...

Dran

PreviousNext

Return to The Galleria