DSi and DSi XL: Opinions?

Forgot your pokeballs somewhere? There's a lot of other games out there and different consoles, talk about other games from Super Mario 64 to Gears of War and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption here.

Moderator: Dran

DSi and DSi XL: Opinions?

Postby Agito on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:38 am

Sorry if you like this in a different place, the moving option is always there. Anyway....

Nintendo put out two new incarnations of its DS lately: the DSi, and now the DSi XL. The DSi has other features--you can play music and take pictures and stuff with it, at the cost of the GBA slot. The DSi XL is basically the same thing (from what I have seen so far), but has bigger screens.

Just wondering what you guys think about these.

To be honest, even though the DSi came out right before I got my Lite, I wanted the GBA slot there still. I do have devices to play music and take pictures, and since I am pretty picky about camera settings, it is highly unlikely that a peripheral camera for a portable game system would ever be a replacement for a real digital camera.

That, and the Lite is cheaper now. I think we all like saving money. XP
Agito
Triathlete

Feats: 8
Reputation points: 5
Subtract reputation point

Re: DSi and DSi XL: Opinions?

Postby Dran on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I got the DSi for Christmas, so I'm not complaining. :P The features are interesting, but really in my opinion a normal DS is great as well. Especially so, because it can play GBA games! ;)

Now, the DSiXL if you don't have a DS or DSi is probably a good investment despite no GBA compatibility, because it's 93% bigger than the Lite. Yes, I know I sound like a commercial, but think about it. It's bound to be MUCH better for our eyesight in the long run, and we still get to enjoy all our DS games! Of course, only drawback is no GBA, but then I'm beginning to move on from those anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Agate Village RP Trainer Card

http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
Dran

Feats: 7
Reputation points: 4

Postby Agito on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 am

I actually managed to try SS on it--one of my friends had gotten one, so he let me try it--and it was decent. I did not get to try any of the features on it, really, but it seemed pretty interesting. I will consider getting one when I have a little more money.

I still play GBA games occasionally (I have been playing Emerald a bit lately), but I guess that as long as I do not sell my Lite and remember to use one or the other for Wi-Fi, it would probably be fine.

Then my problem is that, with my size, something like the DSi would be so huge in my pocket. Not that I am tiny (I am actually reasonably tall), but the thing is around half my width. XD
Agito
Triathlete

Feats: 8
Reputation points: 5

Postby MewDragon on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Air France "lost" my ds lite, so I bought a new limited edition dsi, and I'm really quite pleased with it.

The dsi ware is actually not that bad, and I bought a couple that I'm really enjoying. Course, I do miss the gba slot, but I'm gonna get another ds lite, and we'll be good.

I really can't see any reason to buy the XL
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13
Reputation points: 2

Return to Extra Firepower