LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Forgot your pokeballs somewhere? There's a lot of other games out there and different consoles, talk about other games from Super Mario 64 to Gears of War and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption here.

Moderator: Dran

Re: LoZ: Ocarina of Time

Postby Dux on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:46 pm

Ya know as big of a fan as I am, I'm inclined to agree on the evils of the Water Temple. That's the only part of the game that made me groan when I knew it was coming up. Water Temple doesn't flow (excuse the pun) like the other ones, and it was just ridiculous on Master Quest. I thought Dark Link fight would have been cooler too, but he's so stupid he seems only capable of doing what you do. I did see the funny side of a swimming pool as a boss fight though.
Dux

Feats: 5
Reputation points: 4
Subtract reputation point

Postby CamdenXIII on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:59 am

Oh ok Agito, you meant Spirit Temple. I remember just flying through the Spirit and Shadow Temples, each one took like an hour or two maybe.

I think everyone hates the Water Temple. I remember I got stuck at one point because I couldnt find the room that was beneath the center room that you could only get to when the water was up. And I really wish Shadow Link was more difficult, because if you change your weapon to either the Biggoron's Sword or even the Megaton Hammer he would no longer be able to counter your attacks.

I need to get around to beating it. All I think I have left to do is beat the Bombchu game for the last piece of heart (Yeah I never bothered doing it until now), and then I'm set to kick Ganondorf's fool.

And does anyone remember their Scarecrow song? I remember my friends always had the hardest times actually remembering theirs because they would do something random.

Mines: A v > A v > < A

Yeah... you're probably jealous at my amazing song. I basically just copied the order and set up of Bolero of Fire but started in a differnt spot and ended with an A.
CamdenXIII
Supreme Overlord Administrator

Feats: 7

Postby Dux on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:58 am

Oh yeah! A Down Right Up Left A A (I like to call it 'Around the World'). Now I think about, did have any real use? My mind is a bit foggy to be honest.

The hardest side-quest for me was always hunting down all of the Golden Poes. I could never remember where they were, or which ones I'd nailed. darnit those saucy spectres.
Dux

Postby CamdenXIII on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Dux - 12 Sep 2008 09:58 wrote:Oh yeah! A Down Right Up Left A A (I like to call it 'Around the World'). Now I think about, did have any real use? My mind is a bit foggy to be honest.

The hardest side-quest for me was always hunting down all of the Golden Poes. I could never remember where they were, or which ones I'd nailed. darnit those saucy spectres.

I dont think it was necessary to beat the game, but there were some places where you needed it to get extra little things. Mostly it was just a shortcut.

I remember my friends took years to get all the Big Poes (For some reason I thought they were called Golden Poes too until I started getting them). When I sat down to do it, it took me like two hours because I had to stop and get rupees to buy arrows halfway through. It was alot easier after I found out that my friend's strategy was retarded. He always told me you had to be running at full speed to get the big poe to show, but you dont have to use a single carrot to get one to appear. Once you figure out what angle will make them appear directly in front of you, tap B twice in quick succession and it's dead.

Oh, and I always thought Majora's Mask looked awesome but I played even less of that then I did Ocarina of Time. I swear I never saw the inside of any of the dungeons. Mostly because my friend was a game hog, but also because I kinda sucked at the game when I was younger and was kind of afraid to do it myself. I really want to play that next, and if my cousin doesnt have it I'll just have to go buy a Wii and download it. Or I could call my friend and ask to borrow it, I'm sure he never plays.
CamdenXIII

Feats: 7

Postby MewDragon on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:55 pm

You know I never actually got into the whole Zelda thing. My brother started getting into it with the gba, but I never got anything for in on N64 or GCN. i got TP for the Wii and tried playing it for a bit, but meh. Didn't get very far.
-------
http://pokemonfan.net/community.html
Join the ONLY pokemon social network on the web; PokeSocial!
MewDragon
Grand Master
Grand Master

Feats: 13
Reputation points: 2

Postby Thursday on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:37 pm

I usually thought that Ocarina of Time was a pretty good game, but I still like Majora's Mask better. The whole time system was a nice touch and I also enjoyed how most of the stories in the Bomber's Notebook seemed to flow together.

One thing I didn't like though: Couple's Mask.
Thursday
Grunt

Feats: 1
Reputation points: 0

Postby Dux on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Really? I thought the Couples Mask was like the best side-quest ever! It was kind of creepy at the end when it looked like Anju was going to have a romantic moment with her 10 year old fiancee. Or was that just me?

But the overall detail put into the storyline was all together more complete than OoT. And getting all the masks was totally worth it, just to Fierce Deity Majora's fool.
Dux

Postby Thursday on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Dux - 05 Oct 2008 12:29 wrote:Really? I thought the Couples Mask was like the best side-quest ever! It was kind of creepy at the end when it looked like Anju was going to have a romantic moment with her 10 year old fiancee. Or was that just me?

But the overall detail put into the storyline was all together more complete than OoT. And getting all the masks was totally worth it, just to Fierce Deity Majora's fool.

It was an awesome story; I just didn't like this.

'You've been working for two and a half days, and missed a single step? STOP! RESTART! GO AGAIN! SUCKER! HAHAHAHA'
Thursday
Grunt

Reputation points: 0

Postby Oliver on Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:50 pm

I got it on the Project64 as a Rom, but when my other computer's graphics card crashed I stopped playing it and never really picked it up again. Should do, sometime.

At the volcano dungeon as old link btw, lol.
Oliver
Trainee

Reputation points: 7

Previous

Return to Extra Firepower